In the various dialogues held with our Jurong Central residents, including the coffee chat @ Blk 429, we have received very positive feedback about the Pioneer Generation Package (PGP). In the months to come, we plan to organise more sessions to explain the details of the PGP to our residents in various formats.
On another note, we have introduced new bus service City Direct 657 in Feb 2014. Service 657 offers Jurong Central residents another option to go to the CBD areas via the expressway. This is in addition to the bus service 49 launched in Dec 2013.
I am also pleased to present you the updates on the following upgrading projects in our estate:
1) Lift Upgrading Program (LUP) at Blk 492-498 – all the lifts are now operational
2) Temporary car park in front of Blk 498 – construction has begun and would complete by end 2014
3) Electronic Parking System (EPS) for all car parks (J43-45, J54-55) – Completed
1) Neighbourhood Renewal Program (NRP) at Blk 417-422 - 45%completed and would complete by mid 2015
2) EPS for all car parks (J52-53) – Completed
1) Home Improvement Program (HIP) at Blk 401-408 – 90% completed and would complete by Oct 2014.
2) LUP at Blk 401-408 – 60% completed and would complete by end 2014.
3) NRP at Blk 409-416 – 35% completed and would complete by mid 2015
4) EPS parking at J51 (Blk 409-516) – Completed
5) EPS parking at J50 (Blk 401-408) – Would start installation after completion of LUP
1) LUP at Blk 330-341 – 95% completed and would be ready by end 2014
2) HIP at Blk 330-341 – Works to commence by end 2014
1) Re-roofing of red roof at Blk 301–310 - Works have commenced and would complete by end 2014
2) Six new drop-off point with covered walkway at Blk 305-310 -Started construction & would complete by mid 2014
3) NRP at Blk 311-316 – 80% completed and would complete by mid 2014
We continue to urge all Jurong Central residents to assist us in the various programs to help the needy residents (project helping hand, project hand-in-hand, project breakthrough, tuition program, etc.) so that no one is left behind in our community. Meanwhile, do make a point to join us for the next mega event – day trip to Universal Studio Sentosa on 24 May 2014.
See you at USS!